Jackson-Triggs Merlot & Wild Blueberry Jam
- 6 cups wild blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups Jackson-Triggs Reserve Merlot
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsps corn starch
- 2 tbsps cold water
Wash blueberries in cold water and be sure to remove all stems. Place a large pot over medium-high heat and add Jackson-Triggs Reserve Merlot, sugar and vanilla. Bring to a simmer then add in blueberries. Cook until the berries just begin to burst; this will take approximately 15 minutes. Mix cornstarch with cold water into a smooth paste in a small bowl. Pour into the simmering berries and stir immediately. Continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes, then pour into prepared (sterilized) jam jars.
Suggested serving tips:
- Serve alongside charcuterie and cheese and pair with Jackson-Triggs sparkling wine.
- Add a dollop into a rich tomato-based ragu for a hint of unexpected sweetness.
- Mix a teaspoon to your vinaigrette and then toss with tender salad greens and goat cheese, and pair with Pinot Noir.
- Use it as a marinade with fresh herbs and red wine for white meat, such as pork, and then pair with Rosé.
- Serve warm over pancakes or waffles.