See Ya Later Ranch 2020 Pinot Gris
Currently Out Of Stock
Fresh stone fruit and zesty lemon with a pop of fruit and spice. The oak and balanced fruit flavours give a nice mouthfeel, with soft acidity and a touch of minerality providing a long and fruity finish.
Spring was very warm resulting in an earlier than usual bud break. Good weather continued until Late Summer where it started to cool off early September through November. Being situated high atop of the valley, our Hawthorne Mountain Vineyard was kept free of botrytis due to the high winds keeping fruit relatively dry. 2019 is a big year for Riesling, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir with later ripening varietals having more of a lighter approach.
The grapes were sourced mainly from the Thomas Ranch Vineyard just south of Okanagan Falls. About 40% of the Pinot Gris was fermented in French and American Oak barrels and the other 60% fermented in stainless steel. This gives the wine complexity while still retaining fresh stone fruit on the nose and palate.
Food Pairing Notes
Our Pinot Gris goes perfect with alfredo pasta with fresh peas or asparagus, mussels or clams in sauce, turkey burgers and halibut steaks. For cheese pairings, try with Brie, Cheddar, or Havarti.
(Aug 29, 2016 at 7:07 PM)
Just visited your amazing winery amongst several. Tops in Pinot Gris - wish I had got more as I am on the coast
(Feb 5, 2017 at 12:17 PM)
must try again